08 March 2022

First gardening of the year

 It felt like proper spring! And I had not done anything in the garden for months. I filled the urge to restart again. In the first weekend after my trip to the Netherlands I cut the grass for the first time in months, I did some weeding, and I moved some plants whose location I had initially miscalculated, and which had started to annoy me. They had grown a lot more than I had anticipated, and they were hanging over the boundary of the raised bed and looming over the grass. I figured they needed to be moved backwards. So that was my first gathering task of 2022! The one plant seemed not to mind this; the other one went very sulky and droopy. But I have faith that it will recover, and get used to its new location.

Big plants encroaching on the grass

New configuration with droopy plant

The gardening season has started! Quite a lot of it is needed; the garden looks a bit bleak at the moment. And I hope it won't turn into a building site too much. But I look forward to spending more time in it in the coming months! Every year it becomes a bit more like I want it to be. It's great!

No comments: