31 July 2024

Cat getting hairier

It was quite a while ago that my beautiful little cat was starting to show bald patches. I suspected over-grooming. She kept doing it for a long time, and it got a lot worse than in that first picture. The vet’s best guess was that it had something to do with her feud with Nemesis, the neighbour’s cat (not her real name). Earlier this year, the neighbour moved house, cat and all. But the bald patches stayed. For a while, at least.

Recently I noticed it seem to be improving. And by now she is almost fully hairy! I could imagine it was the influence of Nemesis after all, but that there was just a bit of a delay in the system. Maybe it took a while for my cat to acknowledge that the other cat was gone. And then, of course, the hair has to slowly grow back. So maybe that problem is solved now!


Her left side

Her right side

The neighbour’s house has now been sold, by the way. I suspect I will fairly soon find out who is moving in. Will they have a pet? And if so, what kind of? I really hope this street remains bully-cat free when all the houses are occupied again! I am really happy she seems to have ditched the stress grooming. It stressed me too…

No comments: