15 July 2024

Joining a running club

I'm not quite sure when the idea was planted in my brain. I love running! I have been doing it for well over 10 years. And there are other people who love it too. Is it perhaps a good idea to join a club?

I do know that I was considering it when I was doing the Tuesday evening series. There were always Eryri Harriers, and they were always very kind and welcoming. They organise these events, as well. And that would be the club I would join. I live in their territory, and they seem a good bunch. They also do any type of running, which is nice.

One day I decided to go for it, and I contacted their membership secretary. A short while later I had a response, and I paid my fees. I was a member! I also joined their Facebook groups.

I didn't immediately do anything with that membership. The next thing I did with running was run a race, but I had registered as an unaffiliated runner, and I didn't have club kit yet, so there wasn't anything different yet. I did chat to some other Harriers. Thursday Hill training came up! And I really liked the sound of that. But that race was on the Wednesday, the day after cave rescue training, and I wanted to have a normal evening for a change. So that week I didn't go. I also know about Monday training, but I think that's on the athletic track, and that attracts me less. I might show up anyway! To get a bit of club spirit.

This might be a big change in my running career! I am curious to see how it pans out…


This should be my racing outfit soon! 


No comments: