26 September 2023

Big saw bought

I quite like doing a bit of DIY. I recently made my amazing cupboard! I also made several firewood racks. That sort of job requires sawing. And, of course, I saw a lot of firewood. All of that I do by hand.

When it comes to firewood, it doesn't really matter how tidy it is. But sometimes I suppose being quick would help with the tidiness of the garage. If another batch of raw firewood comes in, you can get that cut up and stored away quite quickly if you have a circular saw.

If you're doing DIY, and you can't saw straight, you end up having to do a fair amount of filing afterwards, and that is a bit of a faff. A circular saw really helps with that!

One day I was just scrolling a bit through Facebook when I saw that my neighbour was offering a circular saw for sale. It looked like a bargain. And he's my neighbour! The logistics would be very uncomplicated. So I said I’d buy it. And the next day I came to pick it up. 

It was a beast! I hadn’t appreciated from the picture he had put online just how big it was. But I suppose big is good.

I put it in the garage, but I was very aware that I now needed a workbench to give it a purpose in life. I only have a workmate, inherited from Rose. That's not good enough. I also have a vice, and that is also entirely useless without a place to put it. So my next task now is: get me a workbench, make space in the garage, put it there, and then I have a sort of workshop where I can do things like put things in vices and saw them off straight!


The saw


No comments: