07 September 2023

Porch update

When Neuadd Ogwen started its building work, in December 2021, I thought they would just build a porch around their artists’ entrance, and that would be basically it. Reality was different! More than 1.5 years later, a few (false) starts had been made on the porch, but the only thing that was really there was a concrete foundation. But in the meantime, both the other side of the building, and the roof, had had a serious upgrade. But then one day I got home, and porch material had been delivered. And then something indeed started to grow! That was just before my trip to the Netherlands.

It’s starting!

When I got back, the porch had, as expected, been growing. I really hope they finish it this time! And I hope they finish everything. It's not too onerous, but it would be nice if the terrain in front of my house isn't a building site for a while. And I'm sure Neuadd Ogwen would like to be able to just host events, be they farmers’ markets, gigs, yoga sessions, or whatnot, without having to hide (and work around) the building work. I will report back!

Progress


No comments: