I had managed to hide the side of the last bits of plasterboard with wood moulding. But the plasterboard had a top too! And that didn't look good either. So I bought some more! And then just whittled it down until it fit in the slot. And then I painted it brown with some stain Rose had left, before nailing it into position. And as the colour brown worked rather well I painted the earlier moulding too. And now it all blends in quite well with the other woodwork! I call this a success!
Top of plasterboard still in sight; mouldings standing out
Made the new strip fit!
Look at it now blending in after having been painted!
This blog started as a tool to keep my Dutch friends informed on my whereabouts when I moved abroad. It quickly also became an external memory for my own use. It largely failed as a stage for discussions on whatever is worth discussing. And it has become a way of sharing my scientific knowledge with a lay audience. And who knows, it could become even more! And whatever it is you are looking for among all this: welcome.