I had not really intended to do much about it but when the painter came in and made everything look great I got my act together and decided to make some effort. I first fixed the floor with polyfilla. Then I fixed the wall with powder filler. And painted over that. And then I added skirting boards all around! There was quite some missing. And I had practised upstairs. And while I was at it I removed some redundant wiring and painted over the scar that left. I And in the end it actually looked quite good! I think it had been worth it!
And while I was at it I did the conservatory too. I'm getting experienced with this!
Of these six bits of skirting board, only two were there initially, and the rest I added myself. And notice the repairs on floor and wall.