06 November 2023

Surprise bench install

I had had a bench in flatpack in my garage for a while! When to find time to make it into a real bench? My weekends were filling up! But after I came home from Bodnant Garden I needed to do something in the garage, and when I was there anyway, I moved a lot of wood out of the way, which would possibly free up enough space to put up my bench.

The next day I again had to be in the garage. And I couldn't resist. I opened the cardboard box. And I had a look at what I had bought. I didn't look too complicated. I decided to make a start!


Soon after I started I decided to go inside and get my reading glasses and a head torch. It was late in the afternoon, and I struggled a bit with the instructions. But my additional aids sorted that. And I soon had the framework sorted. It was easy to assemble! And seemed sturdy. 

I decided I needed to do a bit of reshuffling of my other stuff, as the space against the wall wasn't wide enough for the bench, but that wasn't difficult to achieve. So I put it in position, and then I finished it off by fixing the two hardboard surfaces that belonged with it. Success!


Next is fixing my two main tools to it: the vice and the saw. And then I can go and do buckets of DIY! And some dealing with firewood backlog. Watch this space! 

No comments: