28 November 2023

Visiting the patient

After I had brought Tim home I had to get back to work in a high gear. I was behind! But I got a lot done. And the first weekend was busy with a callout and a race. The second week was also quite productive, and I didn't feel like I had to work too much in that weekend. So I figured it might be a good time to go and visit. And he agreed.

When I got there, the door was opened by his relative who had temporarily moved in. They were very welcoming!

It was the first time I got to see Tim’s new ankle configuration. He had had surgery, and had metalwork put in place to keep him together. It was all bandaged up, and it was not easy to see what the current situation was. He would find out a few days later in follow-up appointment. 

The three of us had a lovely meal and a nice evening. And the next day I suggested I take the car for a spin. If you leave it stationary too long, the battery can go down. So we went on a little jolly. There wasn't an awful a lot we could've done in addition to that! I really hope that ankle heals fast. The sooner he can put weight on it, the better it is…


No comments: