22 May 2023

Progress at Neuadd Ogwen; now for real?

The work at Neuadd Ogwen has dragged on for about 1 1/2 years, and there was still no sign of a porch, even though that as far as I know, building a porch for reasons of increased insulation was one of the main objectives for the building work. 

Last months it looked like there finally was progress, but whatever was built up then was also taken down again. Since then a deeper trench has been dug, and that had later been filled up with concrete. This looked like foundations for a porch that might actually appear at some point. And then one day when I was working at home, there actually was activity! Two guys started building a wall that looked like it would be the outline of said porch.

I really hope they know keep going until it is done! It is not intensely disruptive, that work in front of my house, but it can be annoying when they block the passage between my front door and the road, or the garage and the road. And I don't think anyone benefits from this work not being finished, least of all Neuadd Ogwen itself. So I hope I can soon reports that it is all finished! 

When they block my access

Activity!


Porch taking shape

Even more progress


No comments: