09 May 2023

Cwm Idwal trip

On the afternoon of the last day of term we would do the second and last field trip of our Earth, Climate and Evolution module. I was looking forward to it! I love Cwm Idwal, which is where we go (unless there is a pandemic or a weather warning) and I was also boosted by the fact that the other trip had gone well.

I had to be on the main campus until lunchtime anyway, so I just found somewhere to have my sandwiches. After that it was time to go find our coach!

I had feared we would have a lot fewer students this time around, because it might be tempting to skip the trip and have an even longer weekend. But we only had five students fewer than the previous time! Even though the weather forecast wasn't anywhere as good as it had been for the previous trip.

Martin had warned me it might be very busy in Cwm Idwal, what with the bank holiday and all. But when we got there it wasn't bad at all! We split into our groups and we went on our way.

I like talking geology, and I had a nice group of students. And the weather stayed kind! We had no rain whatsoever. I did put on a scarf at some point. I didn't need a jacket at all!

I think it was a success. And the week after the exam period would start. This was the last thing the students would do face-to-face. I think it was a worthy end of term! 

Sunny path to the Cwm

View on the way back. Bragging rights for who spots the students by Darwin’s erratics! 


No comments: