04 May 2023

Preparing for the Climate Festival

A while ago I got a message from my friend Caro. She said that there would be a climate festival in the village on May 1st. She had been asked to give a presentation about climate; she had done one as well for one of the climate assemblies. But she was otherwise engaged. Could I do it instead? And I said yes. She said she would send me her slides. I could use them, make my own, or do a bit of both!

It was quite busy recently, so I knew I would have to make the slides quite shortly in advance. I did a bit of thinking about how to go about it, but I didn't sit down to actually make slides until the Saturday before, in some time before we would go and eat some mussels in Porth Penryn. I finished it Sunday afternoon. On Monday I would talk!

Hard at work, with charming assistant

I only had half an hour. There is only so much you can say in that time! But I hope that the slightly longer perspective I provide means I tell the people there, who probably already know quite a lot about climate, something they didn't know before. And I hope there will be some interesting discussion afterwards.

It was a bit of a pity to have two very hectic weeks at work, and then ending that in a weekend in which I had to do something that is indistinguishable from work, in a bank holiday weekend, but it is for a good cause. And I like climate! So there we are…


No comments: