31 March 2014

The last week in York



It was a busy week! So busy I didn’t blog much. I had other things to do. I had to finish the iGlass lab work, I had to make a reference collection so I wouldn’t forget what taxonomic decisions I had made, I had to transfer all my data to Roland so he and all the other project members (both projects!) could continue without me, even though I won’t be really gone. And I had to empty my office. And then say goodbye to everyone. And that was only the work bit… 

 Goodbye, Environment Department!

In my last week, on Monday my PhD friends took me for a last dinner. On Tuesday, I had my last pub night with the YCC. On Wednesday, I finally had some time to prepare a bit for the move. And on Thursday I had my last night with Rich. And then Friday arrived. 

 Lovely last pints with my friends in a vaulted York pub...

Friday was a weird day. At 9AM the removal lorry would arrive. That meant there was not much time for anything social. But it was almost a goodbye! And then there was a knock. Time was up…
I pointed the men in the right direction, and they set off to work. They seemed to know what they were doing so Rich and I could leave. We said goodbye by the river. Then I drove off. Go west, young woman…

No comments: