When I went back to the office after my annual leave I first sorted out the last remains of the old academic year. I had to evaluate all my modules and decide what should be changed about them in the new year. And I had a last academic integrity meeting, about work submitted for Supplementary Assessment Week. (I don't think I mentioned Supplementary Assessment Week; for staff it means you have to set assignments and do marking work in the middle of July.) But soon after that it was time to actively start working on the upcoming academic year.
Traditionally, the first module website that comes live is for my dissertation module, even though it is a second semester module. And this year is probably not going to be an exception. I populated the folders, only leaving out things like where the students upload their assignments, as the timetable for the second semester hasn't been made yet. The deadlines depend a bit on the timetable. I also added all the staff. The students will be centrally added.
I will have to get two more of these websites ready before the start of new academic year. One third is already out of the way!

No comments:
Post a Comment