19 September 2024

Roofing a wood storage shed

I hadn't seen Charlotte for a while! It was about time that changed. And suddenly an occasion presented itself. She contacted me, asking if I would be willing to help her put a roof on her firewood storage shed. Of course I was!

When I got there she showed me the project. She had built the frame already, and she had three slabs of marine plywood coated in roofing paint, ready to be fixed to the top. But that is a right faff if you are on your own. Together we would surely manage!

Before

We set to work. And four hands make for light work. Although it still took a bit of time to fix all three boards to all four roof beams. And then tape off the seams. And all that in quite a stiff breeze! With that level of wind it would have been a nightmare on her own.

After

We were quite satisfied with the result! And celebrated with a cup of tea. That was quite a well-spent afternoon. And any time I would go visit her, and there is a fire on, I know I have contributed to that!

No comments: