18 September 2024

Extending my wardrobe

I don’t like buying clothes. And during term time, I wear a lot of shirts. It’s an easy way to look a tiny bit formal when you’re teaching. But it’s outside term time now, and a T-shirt will do. But I realised I was rotating an increasingly small subset. A very old, but well-preserved, New Model Army shirt I had bought at an Amsterdam concert (before the blog!). An already threadbare RV James Cook shirt I bought during one of our research cruises. A Pompel og Pilt shirt I bought when I lived in Norway. And a new favourite: a shirt I had won when I came in third at a race. I was starting to get embarrassed about it! So when I had hours in the train I went online and bought two new ones. 

It took a while before they came. And then I spotted I had accidentally ordered the male version of one of them. That's way too big! I will have to give that one away. But at least I now have a new T-shirt! I think it has been years since I bought one. I hope it will last as long as the New Model Army one! 



No comments: