09 September 2024

Lovely side effect of milk change

On the day I did my first oat milk breakfast I was quite hungry in the run-up to lunch. That is not unusual! But no it happened every day. And that’s not strange when you think about it. The cow milk I use is full fat, and oat milk can’t match that level of caloric content. I looked it up, and the milk I used has about 1 1/2 times as much energy in it. And given that on a full fat milk day I often already struggle to make it to lunch, cutting my breakfast calories down makes it even harder to get there without losing composure.

I decided I just needed to bring more food to work. And more food means more sandwiches. And more sandwiches means that I would eat a loaf of bread quicker. And the advantage of that is that I can bake a fresh loaf quicker! If you bake your own bread it is absolutely delicious on the first day, delicious on the second day, and less good than supermarket bread on the third day. So if I can just have my environmentally-friendly breakfast, and then eat an additional sandwich before lunch, I am killing two birds with one stone! I am already practising this. And I like it.


A more frequently seen view these days


No comments: