16 August 2023

Therapist update

Last year I decided I need it improve my mental health. I got me a therapist, but after a few months I left her again as the approach she was using was not the most suitable one for me. But where to find another one? My therapist said that the people she would recommend didn't have space. And then you're basically left to Google. I found some website that has a lot of therapists on their books, who work online, and of course there will always be someone among them that has space. However, they assigned me someone who sounded like a complete copy of my first therapist. That was no use! And my sister was sceptical of such arrangements anyway. But that left me on a bit of a  dead track.

In summer I decided to act again. I just contacted my old therapist and asked her who the people were she would recommend, but who didn't have space. I would rather be on someone's waiting list than just out in oblivion! So she gave me two names. And I contacted one. She was willing to take me on, though (as expected) not immediately. And now there is an appointment in the diary for September!

I hope this will result in some good results! Everything is better when you’re comfortable in all of your skin, and not sailing on old coping mechanisms that have lost their purpose. My sister is very generous with insightful questions and comments, but it’s better to have a dedicated person for this, who is not also a close relative. So watch this space! 

No comments: