02 August 2023

Garden neglected in crap weather

July felt a bit like September or October! It wasn't warm (I put my autumn duvet back on) and it was very rainy. After the drought we had had in June it felt extra autumnal. And if it rains all weekend, you are not likely to go gardening. And it rained a lot. The garden was getting a bit forgotten! At some point I made a concerted effort to go down the stairs to check on my plum tree. Would the plums be starting to get ripe? The answer was no, but I was a bit surprised that in a month like July, I had to purposefully check up on it. You would expect to notice such things in passing.

I spent one dry Sunday morning in there, trying to mitigate some of the growing chaos. It felt good to be doing something in there again!

I sort of expect proper summer to come back in August, at some point. I can’t be sure, of course! Watch this space… but if it doesn't, there will be more blog posts about indoor chores!






No comments: