05 September 2023

In the Netherlands before term

I was a bit nervous about my trip to the Netherlands. I was going by train; would all work out? But on the way there, all went well. Everything! That was nice.

When I was there I did the usual rounds; my mum, my dad, my sister, and Roelof. Monique, who belongs in that list, was away. When I was at my mum’s I went for a nice run, and we had a glass of wine with a friend of hers. At my dad’s I happened to arrive on the day of the official opening of the complex he lives in, and I could admire it in its finished state. The previous time, the buildings were finished, but the landscaping wasn’t, so now it looked a lot better. I think he chose well! 

The pond in the woods near Amersfoort where I tend to run (notice the unexpected elevation)

The front of my dad’s housing complex

With Roelof I went for a stroll on Prinseneiland and Spaarndammerbuurt, and dinner in his neighbourhood. With my sister we did a walk on the moors. Sunscreen was required! Summer was back. 

‘Het Schip’ in the Spaarndammerbuurt

Beer selfie

It was great to see everyone again! And I’ll soon book my next trip…

No comments: