05 September 2022

Late summer barbecue

Summer is drawing to an end! And I wanted to have a barbecue in the garden before it would be too late. And the usual suspects were available! So on a Sunday afternoon it would happen. I had bought veggie barbecueables, and then some lamb as I had the impression there was little enthusiasm for the veggie stuff, and drinks. And I prepared by making the house look presentable, cut the grass, put the garden furniture out, get the fire bowl ready, start the fire, and make peanut sauce. Ready for action! 

Soon I heard voices. Martin and Dean arrived. We could start! And not much later, Tom and Siobhan, and then Susan, appeared too. Time to put kebabs on the fire! 

Ready for action

Siobhan had never been to my place, and Tom had never been to my garden. They liked it! And Siobhan was impressed by the charms of the cat. Of course she was. 

I tried Beyond Burgers and was impressed! And had a real meat burger that was a bit orphaned. And veggie kebabs Sue had brought. And the fancy bread Martin had made. And Susan had also brought apfelstrudel! 

When we all had had enough food, and the midges were getting assertive, we moved indoors. There we just continue to the session. And Sue and Dean managed to kick the cat into a higher state of excitement. So many people to play with! I think Dean at some point ended up with a claw in his hand, but he wasn't complaining. 

There was also a weird thing happening when I wanted to demonstrate my bone conduction earphones to Dean; he had expressed interest. But when we plugged my earphones into his phone, his phone took control of mine, and started to do erratic things, such as phoning people. That was weird!

When people decided it was time to go home I asked them all to help with the leftover food. I know that if it would all be left with me, I couldn't eat it all before it would go off. And people complied. I was still eating leftovers for days, but that was okay!

I was glad we had finally managed to have an evening in my garden with all six of us! I suppose garden entertainment is coming to an end now, so it was good to close off the season with style. I have the feeling that next time I get this illustrious company over, an indoor log fire will make an appearance…

No comments: