07 January 2024

New phone

I had my old phone for just over two years. It did a good job! But it was showing signs of age. The battery depleted in no time, and it was getting reluctant to respond. It’s annoying if you want to take a picture, or you want to open an e-ticket for train travel, or something like that, and the phone just ignores your touch. That was happening more and more often. I decided to act.

I went back to the same shop where I had bought the previous one. I just picked out another iPhone SE. Never change a winning team! And it is surprisingly cheap. I got a case with it.

I struggled a bit to transfer my data to it, as I initially did the wrong kind of reset, but after all I managed. And I could take it into use! 

There was one snag. I have an Apple Watch as well, and it is, obviously, linked to my iPhone. I had transferred the connection to my new iPhone. While I was on my way to work, suddenly the watch desperately wanted to connect with the old phone, which obviously it couldn't because it was too far away, and then the whole watch jammed completely. That caused another round of googling when I got home! How to make it snap out of that? And then make it properly connect with the new phone again? But I got it done.

I hope I am set up again for at least two years of content phone use! Watch this space…


Clumsy pic of the two phones


No comments: