26 January 2024

Back to the drawing board

Last year, in my overview of the year gone past, I predicted that my dating life would kick into higher gear. I knew that was true; on the very first day of the year I knew I had a date planned. This year I looked back on the year gone by and said that the New Year should make it clear whether my dating life, as it was, was going anywhere. That took a bit longer, but only a few weeks into the new year that has come true now as well. 

Tim’s 2024 visit made it clear that as much as we appreciate each other, there is insufficient romantic spark to take this further. We might well keep seeing each other, but it won't be dates anymore. And that is sad. We both had hoped for a better outcome, but you can’t force these things. And now he has a broken ankle to remind him of something that didn't have the desired result. But that's the sort of tricks that life might play you. 

I suppose it is back to the drawing board now for both of us. Wish both of us luck!

No comments: