24 January 2024

Another run to Ty Mawr Wybrnant

 In December I had met up over a coffee with Miles. And I had taken the opportunity to go for a run unfamiliar terrain. It was a day with awful weather, but that hadn't stopped me; I had run to Ty Mawr Wybrnant, a historical property near Penmachno. In spite of the weather it had been a beautiful run!

This month we arranged a rendezvous over coffee again. And again I figured I should use the opportunity for a run outside the direct vicinity of my house. And the weather forecast again was atrocious!

I had a brownie with my coffee to provide me with some fuel. And when we parted ways I drove into Penmachno itself. I had wondered where to park, and had decided I might as well park on Kate’s drive. She wouldn't be using it! When I got there I saw there was a car, and the lights were on. I remembered that she had the habit of organising house sitters/dog sitters when she was away. That must be them! And her drive is big enough for me to be able to park there without blocking the car already there in, but I figured it would be a bit rude to just do my thing without any explanation. So I knocked on the door.

I had a nice chat with the people there. They were also runners! And the dog spotted me, and came out for a cuddle. The people didn't mind me using the drive at all! So with a bit of difficulty they called the dog back in, as it looked like he was quite keen to join me on my run and he wasn't supposed to, and then I set off.

My plan was to run again in the direction of Ty Mawr Wybrnant, but now from the southeast. It was starting to feel like a new tradition! Coffee and cake with Miles, and then an absolute washout of a run to that very house. Although I wasn't sure I was going to go all the way this time.

The run was indeed very wet and windy, but the route was beautiful! And this is the accepted route, so the road was in a good condition. In this sort of weather I am not keen on anything too adventurous.

I made it all the way to the house! Altogether it took me less than an hour. Another day multitasked! And there is a third way to the house, so were we to meet up again for coffee in February on a very wet day, I can keep the tradition going…

Penmachno 

Out of the village 

That way! 

The house again

Damp selfie


No comments: