13 October 2023

From kitsch to kitsch in the kitchen

When I was in Norway, I figured it would be a good idea to have an oven glove. And I bought a nicely kitschy touristic one. It did the job for a long time! But it was starting to feel its age. By now there is a hole in it, and the insulating material on the inside has started to come out, so it is not fit for purpose anymore. I had been looking for a replacement for a while, but I thought I had set a nice tradition, and I wanted another kitschy touristic one. And I never found one!

One day after burning my fingers again through a gap in the insulating material I decided it was enough. I would just go onto the internet. Surely you can buy these things there. And you can! So a few days later my replacement arrived. And I was really happy to see it came in plastic-free packaging! I am now all set up for more baking. And my hands will be comfortable and insulated when I retrieve anything from the oven!

Out with the old and in with the new! 


No comments: