06 October 2023

First pallet fire

I had spent a lot of time over summer demolishing pallets. And one of my wood storage racks was pretty much entirely full of pallet-based wood. My worry was a bit that that would burn really quick. So I figured I should use that pallet wood (the planks, that is) mainly to start fires, and then use lumpier bits of firewood once the fire is properly going. So after building the pile up for months, I now finally started to take it down again.

After our session underground I felt like a fire, and I made it happen. This was the first pallet wood I burnt! And indeed it burns quickly. But also easily. I think I can make use of this wood. And if you are sitting right by it, it doesn't matter if you have to regularly refuel.

Abstract art, or a close-up of a fire of pallet wood?

I suppose autumn has officially started now! I had already lit a fire before, but that was because Jaco and Marjan were visiting, and Marjan feels the cold a lot more than me. This was the first time I felt like a fire on my own. And this will be the first one of very many!

No comments: