It has been a long time that I need to stretch my glutes every day in order to minimise the chance I have to do emergency stretches when I am trying to walk or run or something. More than five years!
![]() |
| A pose that works as a glute stretch. Pic by Christy Collins |
This morning stretch session largely does the job of keep me going. There once was a time when the glute situation went out of hand; after a long international train ride, my glute became completely uncomfortable, day and night, and I struggled to sleep. Luckily, that situation sorted itself out.
By now I am facing a sort of a combination of the two issues. It is fairly common now for me to be a bit uncomfortable in the glutes when I am trying to sleep. That is quite annoying! It won't go away unless I do an emergency stretch. And there are obviously worse things in the world, but it is still annoying. Especially when the cat is lying next to me, because she won't tolerate such shenanigans.
Altogether, it just seems like my glutes are slowly getting worse and worse. What is this? I have never heard anybody else talk about this. And it is clearly a slow process, and so far I can solve it with some simple stretches. But if this keeps going on like that, I will have to do these stretches several times during the day! I hope not. Maybe I should ask my physiotherapist if he has any idea. But for now, I will just do these stretches every morning and every night. Age comes with some unexpected issues…


No comments:
Post a Comment