16 May 2024

Some garden progress, finally

One of the first days of April I started a project in the garden. I tried to reclaim the raised bed closest to the river from ivy. I didn't make a ludicrous amount of progress, but I hoped I could just keep pushing it now and then in the evenings and weekends. But my evenings and weekends just vanished like election promises.

It was practically mid May when I finally found time again. After the Snowdonia half marathon I had nothing else on that afternoon. And in spite of my sore knees, I did a lot of satisfying work. I did make some ivy progress! The ivy is pushed further back. It is starting to look like a raised bed. And some totally rotten tree stump appeared from underneath the ivy, and spontaneously disintegrated.



I will still have to find time for pushing this even further. And I just have to hope I can enjoy that raised bed, once it has been populated with plants, for a while, before the whole shebang collapses into the river. Because it could

By the time I did get around to this, it was sunny, and the days were long, and it had been raining sufficiently, so everything was growing like there was no tomorrow. There were so, so many other things to do in the garden as well. I did a lot of these too. And the garden started looking again like a garden, rather than some embarrassingly wild place. But I can't stop here! I really hope I can come back to this topic on this blog quite soon!


No comments: