29 December 2014

Getting ready to travel

I thought I'd manage to finish the marking with a bit of time to spare before I'd be off to the Netherlands. But no! The last week did contain lots of non-marking activities, such as meetings, a hospital visit, sending off of radiocarbon samples, another christmas gathering and the organisation of an upcoming trip to Edinburgh. So when I went home on Friday night it was late again, and I wasn't finished. But I wanted to not have to think about it so I continued on Saturday. And Sunday. And went to the office on Sunday to drop all the reports off, copy over my file with the marks and the files with general and individual feedback. And then I was tired, and hadn't packed yet. And I hadn't made a particularly detailed timetable for my trip to the Netherlands. But that was not necessarily a bad thing. I don't see that many different people, but I did have some time to relax! Needed that...

The quintet that festooned our work do. James went uncharacteristically frivolous in his choice of headgear.

No comments: