24 January 2013

New running routine

It didn't go right the first time around, but I think I now have myself sorted out! Running-wise, that is. I already blogged about my New Year's resolution to get running again, and how that ended in tonsillitis. Not a great start. But I waited until my throat had retrieved its normal proportions and tried again. And now I have developed a stable-looking habit of going for a run before work every second day. It isn't the easiest routine; I'm not a morning person. Especially on the physical front. And it being January, it also is rather cold and dark at the hour I now run. That doesn't help either. Neil already remarked that such difficulties only make it better; I disagree, but I am glad I seem to make it work. It's none too early either; next month I'll be dragging very heavy backpacks over the Norwegian hills! I'll be needing all the fitness I have for doing that!

This is what my new style runs look like: with lots of (hi viz) clothes on, in the dark!

Devonport Park is better for running through when the sun sets, but well, it could be worse than this!

No comments: