20 October 2012

Hike aftermath

A hike doesn’t leave your life as soon as you are back. It lingers until the bag is unpacked, the laundry is done, the left-over food eaten, the repairs performed… And, of course, the finances are dealt with, the pictures distributed, and the blog posts written. This time I actually started with bringing my disappointing jacket back to the shop. They gave me a voucher in return. I will have to wait and see what I get for that; not another jacket anytime. They have nothing that’s up to the task. They may sell these again in spring… now they focus on tat that can function as Christmas presents. I will probably have to go to Cotswold for a proper jacket. Trying Black’s was perhaps a mistake… but at least they were chivalrous with taking the jacket back.

The laundry followed soon after. And the unpacking. And the pictures and blog post. I struggle a bit with hanging things out; the tent had to hang in the bathroom at night, but make way for myself in the morning. And I decided to wash my sleeping bag. I chose the setting “hand wash”; strange setting for a machine, but hey, I’m not complaining. The sleeping bag came out weighing around 10kg. Where to hang that? But to my delight, the laundry rack fits inside the bath! Problem solved. And now all I have to do is wait, and hope the filling indeed doesn’t get lumpy.



The last remnant of the hike may be the meal I brought, but which we didn’t use as we ate in a gastropub instead. And I still have Maaike’s analogue pictures to look forward to!

ps a few days later I can confirm the sleeping bag hasn't gotten lumpy!

No comments: