02 October 2024

Term starts for real

We the fieldwork crew already started teaching two weeks ago, but now term has really kicked off. On-campus teaching has started again. Summer is over! And from experience I know that in a day or two, it becomes the new normal. 

Term means seeing students every day, and travelling to and from Bangor a lot, and short deadlines. Instead of having a load of things that need to be done by the start of term, it will now be lots of smaller things that need to be done by tomorrow. That’s different! And I’m afraid I work more efficiently this way. I suppose that teaches me I should manage myself better in summer; if I could just work at the manic speeds of term time then, I’d have more time for fun stuff. 

I didn’t start particularly well, as I had made a show and dance of publishing the module website of the dissertation module, and then completely forgot to do the same with my other modules. Oops! But the students seemed very forgiving. Let’s hope that stays the same, but that my performance improves! Stay tuned…

My bike parked at Brambell building, where my first lectures took place. I wasn’t keen on its looks initially, but it grew on me…


No comments: