12 August 2024

Thursday night hill training in Talysarn

I did say I shouldn't blog about every single Thursday night training, but this one was worth mentioning as well! We would be going to Talysarn, and run through the quarry. I love that. I have done it on my own as well.

It could have got quite sociable! I had suggested to my colleague Chris we should car share, but he had pulled a muscle and bailed out. And as well; my friend and colleague Martyn lives in Talysarn, and he said I could pop over for a cup of tea afterwards. That sounded lovely! But on the actual day, their child was ill and it didn't seem to be a good opportunity. But I could still go running!

The weather forecast wasn't very good, so I brought my hat and my adjusted expectations. And drove to the meeting place. In spite of the weather there was quite a big group! And after a while we set off.

Fairly soon we were in the quarry. I recognised the path along the big pit. But then we went out of the quarry, and into the agricultural land around it. That was beautiful too! And very dreamy, in the fog. At some point I wasn't quite sure where I was. But the people leading the run still did.

On an old tramway (I suppose) just above the village 

Through the ruin-strewn fields

There was a bit more hostile vegetation there than I had hopen

Going for a look at a Virgin Mary I had encountered before during an archeological walk

Waiting for the stragglers 

We did quite a run! It was 12 km in the end. And I was running a bit out of steam by then. I get that sometimes with these evening runs. I'm not too worried about it.

It had been damp the whole way, but it had been a good run! I can't wait for the next episode!

No comments: