26 August 2024

Cleaning the house again

I wanted to go and see my mum, and other relatives, again before term would hit. And I picked a weekend in August. And decided that I would travel by boat this time. It takes twice as long, but it’s more relaxed than doing all of it on the train. The last time had been very tiring. And I also decided I should see if I could get a cat-sitter again. I would be away for long enough to make that worth the faff. 

All that meant it came quite soon after Lydia’s visit. So Lydia had barely left and I was washing bedsheets, removing cobwebs, sweeping floors and whatnot. This is the second time in a few months I am getting my house ready for a stranger. And I don’t enjoy cleaning, but I am starting to think that maybe this will get me into a habit. I should just keep this up a bit more. I don’t lift my hygiene standards to ridiculous levels. Maybe I should keep them there? Except the washing bedsheets after maybe only one night…

The cat thinks a drying duvet cover is a blanket fort


No comments: