07 October 2024

The dangers of powdered breakfast

 I mentioned before I had shifted my breakfast away from dairy, and was now using oat milk powder instead. That means every morning I'm measuring 300 mL of water and adding that too a big scoop of powder. Every second day I use the same measuring cylinder measuring the 185 millilitre of water I need for my bread machine. I suppose the reader can practically guess what happened next.

One Saturday morning I was a bit distracted. During the week I always get the machine ready the night before, but in the weekend I often don't. And when I was doing some faffing in the kitchen and noticed that the bread machine had started its kneading, I saw that the dough looked very soupy. I quickly realised what I had done. Yes I had indeed accidentally thrown 300 mL of water into the bread machine.

I let the machine continue to see what would happen. It made a loaf, but it was not usable as bread! I will have to make bread soup or bread and butter pudding or something like that of it. I hope this will teach me to keep my head screwed on and never make that mistake again…



No comments: