16 October 2024

More gadgets for the elderly

In the olden days, if I had a splinter, I could see it without problems. Nowadays I even struggle to see it while wearing my reading glasses. If I have one that is difficult to get out, I scrutinise it using my hand lens. But I can’t remove it while looking through the lens, as I only have two hands. And it is all correct to look at it, then trying to blindly get it out, and then looking at it again. In the end it always works, but it is not ideal. And I decided to take action. 

You can buy magnifying glasses on a stand. Then you can get the magnification hands-free! So I wanted to buy one. And I wanted to have one that fits with the aesthetic of my house. So I ordered a brass model. None of that plastic-and-LEDs nonsense! And it came. For the picture I just faked a splinter; the proof of the pudding will be a real one, that is actually embedded. I hope the magnification will be strong enough! But I think this will help…



No comments: