10 October 2024

Barely helping in Parc y Moch

I suppose I got distracted! Before I went to the Anglesey Barracks with Nick, I actually briefly helped out with a new Parc y Moch initiative. A call had gone out to say that they intended to erect another structure, but that they needed some more hands to do it. I have hands! So I knew I couldn't stay long, but I showed up to see if I could contribute in the limited time I had.

I managed to be slightly useful! Soon after I arrived, Harri showed up with two other gentlemen, and our first task was to carry two tree trunks to the location of the structure. And that obviously is easier to do with four people than with three.

When we got to the location of the structure, I saw there were six concrete blocks sunk into the ground, with a piece of screw thread sticking out. My next job was to clean the threads with a metal brush, as the concrete had obviously got into that. And soon we had all of them so clean a nut would go all the way down. But that sort of was what I had time for. Luckily, Harri kept an eye on his phone, and said there were more people coming. I am sure they managed to put up the vertical beams! I hope to find out soon how it all turned out. I suppose my contribution was very limited, but it was better than nothing!

 




No comments: