02 July 2023

Sore foot

Last year it was my ankle! After a bit too much training for the world’s steepest street race my ankle started feeling wrong. I went to a physiotherapist for that, and he gave me exercises. I dutifully did them, and the problem went away. At some point I thought it was entirely gone, and then I halved my physiotherapy exercises, but of course then the problem came back. So I'm still doing the full range of exercises. But at least the ankle is not hindering me in any way.

Then, the week or two ago, my foot started hurting. Just the one foot, in one particular place. I hoped it would just go away. It didn't. Then I checked the NHS website. It suggested it would go away. I hope it will. It also suggested a few exercises you can do that might help. And one of them is rolling your foot over a ball. I had already been contemplating that because I figured it might provide relief! But this may have been the extra kick in the bum I needed. I dug out a ball I had once just found. Probably a toy a dog had lost. So now it is a medical instrument.

I can walk and run and whatever with this foot as it is, but I would like it to not hurt. If this doesn't go away in a few weeks more I will go back to a physiotherapist. I suppose this shows my age! Bits just start hurting. I am not ready yet to accept that, but I don't know how much longer I can hold out…

Attempt at sorting out my foot


No comments: