10 May 2024

Bank Holiday pizza

There was something going on at the local cheese maker and seller: a pizza van! That was really something we needed to check out. And probably support. Susan had suggested the bank holiday Monday, and that worked for me. I didn’t expect Martin to be up for it; he is very busy with a research proposal. But on the day he came out of the woodwork! 

I thought we should have a drink with the pizza. I packed a flask of water (of course) and some beers, both with and without alcohol. And I noticed I had a bottle of Prosecco. That might actually be quite suitable! And I rolled some shot glasses into a dishcloth (they are less fragile than wine glasses) to go with it. And then I was ready to get onto my bike. 

The van has some garden chairs out. Luxurious enough for me! The others came on foot. And they were up for the Prosecco.

Opening the wine; GIF by Sue and Dean


The pizza van


Elegant Prosecco ladies

The pizzas were good! And Susan had brought dessert for Martin and me. It was all quite nice! I sure think we have to go back and support them a bit more…

No comments: