12 July 2022

End of the third iteration of the side gig

This last iteration of my climate course was not much of a success. There were five people registered, but in the first session only one person appeared and one person tried to appear. I was wondering if it had something to do with them having registered quite a while ago, and not received any communications about it in the meantime. I had only received registration information at the last minute! And things got worse when one evening my one attendee couldn't come. But there was even worse to come. The second last session, I had had to somehow splice together the third and fourth session, given that she had missed the third. And that made for a bit of an unbalanced session. I had had to do it on the day, as she had indicated the bit late how she wanted to go about things. And then the last session she just didn't appear. Maybe I just had not fascinated her enough in that combined session. It was a pity! But I know it is my task to be engaging and make sure that my sessions properly cater for the audience. So it mainly means I should step up my game. The organisation could probably improve on keeping people who register warm, as I am sure that would help, but the main onus is on me. 

My contact person is now on holiday, but I trust we will speak again in late summer. I have no idea whether there will be another iteration! I hope so. I would like to have one that is a success. With a sizeable group of people who keep coming. And contribute to the discussion. Watch this space! It might or might not happen…




No comments: