19 May 2019

Getting ready for a new roof

The house has a fine roof! But the garage doesn't. It leaks like the clappers. Mainly because of the skylights in the roof, and not the roof itself, but changing the windows would be a massive work. And as the roof also leaks in a few places where there is no skylight, I decided to just have the entire roof redone. Especially as the leaks have made some of the beams rot. It turned out that the plasterer is also a roofer so he got the job. And he starts soon!

The roof still has good bits so I do keep things in there that need to stay dry. But with the entire roof coming off that wouldn't work anymore. So I have now put everything that needs dryness in the conservatory. Mainly firewood! And then it will be a bit of a mess for a few weeks but then I will have a waterproof garage! That will be nice. And I've asked the roofer to not throw the ceiling beams away; they can be firewood too! And that can then await its turn in my waterproof garage! And I’ll have firewood for years...

 Firewood having been evacuated from the garage


No comments: