20 April 2017

Essays as far as the eye can see

No contact hours doen't mean no work. For my fourth year module my twenty students had to write a 4000 word essay each on a climate topic. That's a lot of work to mark! Luckily they are quite interesting, and they even pointed me in the direction of some interesting articles I wasn't aware of. There is a lot to climate and I'm not up to date on all of it!

When I was done with these, I had a left-over first year essay to mark. Then I moved on to the pile of second year essays... These were on fairly arbitrary topics. That went a bit quicker. Most of them are done now. I enjoyed it, but I think I should learn to be a bit faster. I spend too much time on this...

When it's all done I can move on to making assessments, making a new reference collection, and changing the fieldwork assignment (again). And start on organising the entire field trip! That's daunting...

No comments: