23 August 2021

Cat administratively mine

 I've had my cat for approximately six months now. I would say we both have settled into the new situation! But until recently, her chip still identified her as living with her previous folks. But they got in touch, and her address is now officially changed. My name is not on the chip yet, as that seems to require a different procedure. She now officially lives here! Even though the only thing that happened is that an online form was filled out, I did have a bit of a sense of occasion. She is now really my cat. It felt a bit like a civil partnership ceremony! We now legally belong with each other. And she's only two years old, so the idea is that that's going to stay that way for the coming, say, 16 years…

 the website where it all happensed


 silly picture of a cat at home

No comments: