I have a new plan. I am going to look a bit further away to find a used EV. If you restrict yourself to North Wales, you will only find the odd electrical card, and then you might run into the trouble I ran into. Car dealers that know nothing about electrical cars, and not able to tell you anything useful about them, and can't fault any problems associated with them. So I will head for England.
I came across Fords of Winsford; they are a huge second-hand dealer, and they have more than 2000 cars, hundreds of them electric. And no, they don't only do Fords. They routinely have a battery report prepared for the electric cars they sell. They routinely make sure that there is an MOT that is valid for at least three months on any car they sell.
Before storm hits, I will go there with Neil. My plan is that we can prepare it; have a clear idea of which cars we might be interested in, sort out a test drive, then make a decision there and then. If you put a deposit down they won't sell it to anybody else, and then you can just go home and sort out the paperwork. And you can have it delivered. That might be well worth it; otherwise I either have to get them by public transport, which sounds a faff, or go together with Neil, and that is wasting not just my time but also his. But I will check; public transport is, of course, the most sustainable option.
I hope this plan will work out! Stay tuned!


No comments:
Post a Comment