20 April 2024

Flour mishap

I buy my flour, and everything else I can, in the local whole foods co-op. I really like the place! But it has restricted opening hours; two hours on a Friday, and four hours on the Saturday. It happened a few times in a row that I was away during both intervals, so my flour stock was running low. Luckily, one Friday I could make it again, just in time to buy wholewheat flour before it would run out. And the day after I had to bake bread again.

I emptied the last remnants of the old bag into the bread machine and opened a new bag. And jumped! The flour was white! There must have been a stickering error going on. I had to bake white bread! 

I could have gone to a normal shop, of course; they have wide opening hours. But I wanted to go to bed. So next morning I was greeted by fresh white bread. 


It’s so trivial! But I really like my bread wholemeal. I will pop to the supermarket for some bog standard wholewheat flour before the wholefoods co-op opens again. Having to make do with white bread once was good to show me just how much I love my bread the way I normally bake it. Back to normal asap! 

No comments: