19 June 2022

Changes in planned family visits

There was a bit of a whirlwind in announcement of family visits when I was in the Netherlands! My nephew would pop by while interrailing, while my cousin would be in the area on holiday. I thought that was cool! But I was hardly home and a message arrived to tell me that my nephew’s passport would expire too soon for him to be allowed into the country, so he would be sticking to mainland Europe.

Another message reached me. My Finnish sister had had a holiday plan thwarted, and wondered if it would be an idea for her to come over to help me with my garden. So it briefly looked like I would just swap one family member for another one. But as this sentence already suggests; things would go otherwise. She then realised July is not a very good months to be extensively moving plants around in the garden, and the timing wouldn't be ideal for our usual hikes either. So that plan changed! She'll be back though.

I sort of went from two planned family visits to one back to two and back to one again! Sometimes life can be confusing. But stay tuned for the visit that has so far not shown any signs of being under threat!

No comments: