20 December 2016

Contract!

It arrived! The contract for my upcoming job fell on the doormat one hazy Saturday. Now they can't change their mind anymore! It feels good to have that in print.

 I was glad to see that stamp!


 Now it's official!

It will be a hectic job; I start lecturing the first hour of the first day of the new contract. And immediately in the first month I have two modules, one of which I have never taught before. Best get the Sheffield work out of the way and get some time to at least assess how much preparation is needed! I'll try to do as much as possible actually within the contract, but some prep in my own time is probably unavoidable.

Anyway. In a bit over a month I will be a university lecturer. Can I now claim to be part of the sneering leftwing elite?

No comments: