20 March 2012

Scaring the neighbours

Few things snap you straight out of your daydreamings like opening the door of your house and smelling smoke. What had I done? It came from the kitchen! Oh no! Had I left the cooker on? Or the oven? But my worries were soon gone when in the kitchen I not only had to conclude all my appliances were reassuringly inactive, but also that the kitchen window offered a view over a tell-tale scene.

There was a fire on the downstairs neighbour's courtyard. Not sure if the neighbour had lit that intentionally, or if some passing rascals had done it for him; it was probably on purpose, as the lights in his house were on, and noboby was acting against that fire. Not sure if that's what you're supposed to do with your stuff! But well. My house wasn't smelling too pleasant, but I got a nice picture out of it...

No comments: