17 January 2011

Lab gadgets

It's good to know I'll have a job later this year! But I don't have too much time to think about that. My current job needs doing. And the amount of work that still needs to be done is mad. I think it already shows: not many blogposts about Dartmoor or such things. Just work and caving. That's sort of what my life is reduced to now...

I'm busy sampling and processing, so I spend my time in the lab. Luckily there's some impressive cloudy skies to be seen from it from time to time...

Lab work can be very tedious, and I work at strange hours, which means I'm often working in an otherwise deserted building. Not easy to not get a bit melancholy! But for the work I've been doing today I have two gadget friends: the sharpest knife in town, and my iPod with brand new earplugs. The old ones had lost their rubbery rings, which means they had become very uncomfortable, and now I have a pair of in-ear plugs. It turns one even more geeky and estranged, because one can't hear anything other than one's music, but it keeps one going! And the knife, with which I managed to only cut myself once, which is miraculous, goes through that core like through butter. I love the kitchen utensil shop near the university!


That core should yield tomorrow. And then there's plenty of others waiting. But I'll write about that later...

3 comments:

De zus in kwestie said...

Ik heb nu ook een MP3-speler! Goed he? Ik ga bijna met mijn tijd mee.

Margot said...

Oh! Ik ben helemaal onder de indruk. Bent u al helemaal verkocht?

De zus in kwestie said...

Zeekre!