10 February 2024

No Steepest Street in the World Race this year

Soon after I had run it the first time, I registered for my second Steepest Street in the World Race. It is so much up my street, if you’ll excuse the pun. And I was hoping to do it a third time. But there wasn't anything yet to register for. And a few months later, there still wasn't. And a few months later, there still wasn't.

It has always been run in March. It is now February. There still is absolutely no sign of it. I'm sure that means it just isn't happening this year. Will it ever come back? I would really hope so! But it's not looking good.

I looked so happy they put me on the promo material. But 'waiting on information' on a next episode...

I did hear of another race with a very appealing focus: the Snowdon Twilight race. It goes from Llanberis to the top of yr Wyddfa (fka Snowdon). And then you don't have to stumble back! You just take the train. If this race happens it will be in summer. And rumour has it that registration opens in early March. I have put a reminder in my diary. If that race happens this year, I really really want to be part of it! Especially now that what so far had been my favourite race is not happening! If I indeed manage to register for it that will sure be another blog post…

No comments: